Welcome to Mercy Health Epilepsy Care
Mercy Health continues to set the bar for epilepsy care in West Michigan — and beyond. Not only do we hold the highest possible designation from the National Association of Epilepsy Centers, but we offer the most complete — and effective—range of treatments. Our highly regarded team includes board-certified epileptologists, neurologists and neurosurgeons who work for you and with you.
Together, you can go from simply living with epilepsy to living a fuller, more active life.
Mercy Health Hauenstein Neurosciences is recognized by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers as a Level 4 epilepsy center. Level 4 epilepsy centers have the professional expertise and facilities to provide the highest level medical and surgical evaluation and treatment for patients with complex epilepsy.
Our state-of-the-art facility and monitoring equipment includes a six-bed epilepsy monitoring unit used to monitor seizure activity and assess for surgery. Our Epilepsy Monitoring Unit is also accredited by ABRET, letting our patients know they will receive top quality diagnostic services.
- Medication management
- Comprehensive patient education
- Comprehensive neuropsychological evaluation
- Epilepsy-specific diagnostic testing
- Epilepsy monitoring unit evaluations
- Epilepsy surgical consultations
- Temporal lobe epilepsy surgery
- Invasive neurological monitoring
- Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS)
- Video EEG monitoring
- Treatment of other seizure-related disorders
- Monthly epilepsy art therapy group