Welcome to Mercy Health Epilepsy
Mercy Health Hauenstein Neurosciences is recognized by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers as a Level 4 epilepsy center. Level 4 epilepsy centers have the professional expertise and facilities to provide the highest level medical and surgical evaluation and treatment for patients with complex epilepsy.
We offer four board certified neurologists specializing in epilepsy (epileptologists), highly trained epilepsy nurses and EEG technologists. Our state-of-the-art facility and monitoring equipment includes a six-bed epilepsy monitoring unit used to monitor seizure activity and assess for surgery. Our Epilepsy Monitoring Unit is also accredited by ABRET, letting our patients know they will receive top quality diagnostic services.
- Comprehensive and interdisciplinary evaluations of patients with epilepsy and other seizure-related disorders
- Evaluation for epilepsy surgery
- Pharmacological management
- Video EEG monitoring
- Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS)
- Comprehensive neuropsychological evaluation
- Epilepsy-specific diagnostic testing
- Epilepsy neuroimaging
- Full range of epilepsy surgery, including invasive evaluation
- Evaluation and education for issues related to seizures and epilepsy in the elderly
- Evaluation and education for women’s issues in epilepsy
For recognized expertise and complete care, Mercy Health Epilepsy is the logical choice. For more information, or to schedule a consultation, please call us at 616-685-5050, or toll free at 877-702-5050.